Under QodeNext India Private Limited policy and the latest legislation passed recently by the honourable Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF), also known as e-waste (management & handling) Rules, 2016, which comes into effect from 1st Oct 2016, QodeNext is glad to be part of this e-waste recycling initiative and agree to abide by all the rules related to e-waste management in order to minimise the harmful impact of bar code printers, bar code scanners, mobile computers, mobile smart phones and their components.
We understand that our responsibility doesn’t end at selling you our products as scanners, printers, mobile computers and their components are made of hazardous constituents. QodeNext hasbeen working in the area of safe disposal of electronic waste and has partnered with 3R Recycler, India’s leading electronic asset management and Disposal Company to comply with e-waste management and handling rules in providing environmentally sound management of end of life electronics.
3R Recycler - As part of this partnership with 3R Recycler, the company will provide e-waste drop off centres and ensure environmentally sound management of electronics that have reached their end of life phase. 3R Recycler has obtained all the necessary authorizations from the appropriate governmental agencies for their processing facilities. 3R Recycler ensures proper recycling and disposal of e-waste. This helps us protect the environment from any hazardous consequences, which would be otherwise caused by the inappropriate waste management of e-waste.
As a part of e-waste recycling initiative:
- QodeNext will seek shared responsibility and cooperation from customers in reducing the environmental impact of their products.
- QodeNext will comply with all the applicable laws related to e-waste management
Do’s & Don’ts
- Always look for information on the catalogue with your product for end-of-life equipment handling.
- Ensure that only Authorized Recyclers/Dismantler handle your electronic (i.e. Telephones and their components) products
- Always call at our toll-free No’s to Dispose products that have reached end-of life
- Always drop your used electronic products, batteries or any accessories when they reach the end of their life at your nearest authorized e-waste collection points.
- Always disconnect the battery from product, and ensure any glass surface is protected against breakage
- Do not dismantle your electronic products on your own
- Do not throw electronics in bins having “Do not Dispose” sign.
- Do not give e-waste to informal and unorganized sectors like Local Scrap Dealer/ Rag Pickers.
- Do not dispose your product in garbage bins along with municipal waste that ultimately reaches landfills.
What should I do with my electronic discards?
The mantra of “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle” applies here.
Reduce your generation of e-waste through smart handling and good maintenance.
Reuse still functioning electronic equipment by donating to us.
Recycle those products that cannot be repaired. Customer may handover their end of life products to our nearest drop points for proper Recycling.
Life Cycle of our Products:
As defined under New E-waste (Management) Rules, 2016 life cycle of our products are as follows:
Laptop Computers and their accessories (ITEW3) is 5 years.
Printers Including cartridges and its accessories (ITEW15) is 10 years
Feature Phone and its accessories (ITEW15) is 7 years
User Terminals and systems and their accessories (ITEW9) is 6 years
Specific collection scheme:
Customers/end users call on our toll free numbers 1800-102-8632 (North India), 1800-843-3303 (South India), 1800-843-3301 (East India), 1800-843-3302 (West India), to know the process of recycling and the nearest Collection center/point to drop the E-waste. You will also get information about any incentive or exchange offer that may be on offer, at that time, against your end of life product. You will incentivize for your initiative depending upon the remaining Life of the Product.
Channelization of E-waste:
Collection Points/Drop Points:
Please click the link to know your nearest Collection points/ drop points.
Don’t forgot to ask our Executive about offer available for Exchange of e-waste or handing over your E-waste to us for recycling. our executive will let you know about available incentive.
We look forward to your support in ensuring safe and efficient disposal of e-waste which is a shared responsibility between our valued consumers and us. We value your co-operation.
To know more about safe and secure recycling and proper disposal of end-of-life electrical and Electronic Products Customer can contact at our toll-free numbers region wise at:
North India - 1800-102-8632 South India - 1800-843-3303 East India - 1800-843-3301 West India - 1800-843-3302 Email - firstname.lastname@example.org